9 week EE and the jury is out Boy or Girl - 4 prictures.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Montana-Hens, May 13, 2010.

1. Montana-Hens

Montana-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Buxton, Montana
    You folks last saw this girl/boy a couple weeks ago and there was no consensus. I was sure by now I would know, but I am lost. Can you take another look and let me know your thoughts.

It is a McMurray EE and 9.5 weeks old. It is my smallest bird, and definately not high on the the pecking order. I have a 9.5 wk Lt Brahma & another EE; a 6.5 week Partridge Rock hen & roo, and a hen Astrolorpe.

So please tell me what you think......

Head with Hackles... It is a little pink, but nothing like my 6.5 week roo, but then there is the pointy feathers
    [​IMG]

Laying on its side sunning
    [​IMG]

Two side shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think....will I be waiting for the first crow or egg to know?[​IMG]

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I have one just like yours. Mine is a girl..I think yours is too. I don't see any of the curved tail feathers.

3. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Looks like a girl to me with that colouring. I sex mine comparing them to each other, the boys get red quicker so if she's not as pink as the one u think is a roo, chances are its a girl. I have one EE at 17 weeks I am still guessing on, I think it's a girl but hard to say.

4. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Stands pretty upright, but probably a female. I have an EE that everyone on this board (that answered) thought was a pullet at 6 months old. It didn't crow until I got rid of a couple other roos at about 1 year, that was also when it started to mount the hens. Before that no obvious roo behaviors....but I was always suspicious.

5. denasfarm

denasfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Sweet Home Alabama!!
    Congrats! Its a GIRL! [​IMG]

6. Montana-Hens

Montana-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Buxton, Montana
    Thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts....why is it some EE are just not easy to tell male or female.

7. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    IDK, but I keep hoping mine that looks like a roo is NOT one... sigh. I think yours is a pullet, but even after weeks and weeks of looking at all these pics, I am not certain. Good luck! [​IMG]

8. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Pullet

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Definitely a pullet.

10. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009