9 wk old Ameraucauna Hen..I think!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lori1169, May 15, 2009.

1. lori1169

lori1169 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2009
    This Ameraucauna has always been the biggest chick..she is a hen right? My horses like chickens too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. calibersway

calibersway Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    Roxboro North Carolina
    definately looks like a girlie

3. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    Looks like a hen. Can you post a more close-up pic? The feathers on the rump (saddle) above the tail will be pointy, not rounded if it's a roo.

4. lori1169

May 13, 2009
    Quote:ok...so i think i have a confirmed 2 roos and 10 hens...great! i can live with that! never thought chickens could be as fun and interesting as horses..thanks!

5. calibersway

calibersway Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    Roxboro North Carolina
    omg lorie, chicks are ADDICTIVE. I've only been into chickens 3 years, first year was okay, just built a coop....year 2 - more babies, different breeds, experimenting, larged out run... year 3, renevating a half carport with x-large run to make 2 coops and runs, and have way more babies, than i know waht to do with, and am waiting to see what everone is, so i can pick and chose. lmao.
    omg. i dont even want to think about next year. XD

6. lori1169

May 13, 2009
    Quote:Lol..I only have 3 acres.. If i had more Im sure Id have more horses and chickens! But I have to be smart about the pasture or overgrazing will turn it to dirt..and thats not good for anyone! So until I get that 40 acre farm..lol..Im content!

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Yes, she is a pullet, but she and her like friends are easter eggers. [​IMG]

8. lori1169

May 13, 2009
    pips&peeps :

Yes, she is a pullet, but she and her like friends are easter eggers. [​IMG]

Thanks..I was sold 2 Buff Orpingtons and one turned out to be an egger too although it is buff and white...so i guess the feed stores dont always know what they get either..! Im not a chicken purist...but all chicken knowledge is good to have!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by