92 Ford Thunderbird 5.0 HO V8 LX in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by greenfamilyfarms, Mar 22, 2011.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    After some tough decision making, I have decided to let my first car go. Here is some basic information:
    1992 Red Ford Thunderbird with 5.0 HO V8, LX
    Actual mileage unknown - odometer stopped working about 7 years ago with 94,000 miles on it. Estimated to be around 250,000-300,000.
    Gray cloth interior and large trunk for feed/supply runs
    Auto windows and seats
    Aftermarket CD player, speakers, flowmaster exhaust, legal tinted windows and cobra alarm system
    Tires in fair condition and still have some miles left on them.
    Does need some work such as paint job, motor work (wants to run a little hot, leaks a little oil), and headliner will need to be replaced sometime since it is starting to dry-rot (not sagging). It also needs a new windsheild. The ice storm we had this past winter put a crack across the drivers side.
    AC is tempermental and heat is not working, but will come with a new heater core part for you to replace.
    A lot of parts are basically new as I have replaced hoses and some parts over the years (including a new battery installed in 2010).

Good project car for a teenager or just a beat around town car. HOWEVER, when she's at her best, its hard not to speed since she floats down the road. Liability insurance runs us about $300 for 6 months for this car with Farm Bureau. I drove this car daily for 10 years. Has never been smoked in or wrecked.

Pictures and information can be given via PM or email. I'll be completely honest about its condition and you are welcome to come look at it before making a decision.

Picture on this ad we posted on Craigslist:
    http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/cto/2279995550.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by