920 Chicken deaths!

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
In case you haven't seen the news, California teens killed 920 chickens with golf clubs. How horrible, glad they caught them.

And just earlier this week feds moved animal cruelty to Felony status - how timely for this.

And even the minors are likely to be tried as adults in 920 counts of felony murder.

In case you haven't seen the news, California teens killed 920 chickens with golf clubs. How horrible, glad they caught them.

And just earlier this week feds moved animal cruelty to Felony status - how timely for this.

And even the minors are likely to be tried as adults in 920 counts of felony murder.
That is absolutely SICKENING! I'd like to have 5 minutes with those scumbags and a golf club. I may be 70 years old but I can still do a lot of damage....just awful!

Dont bet on those kids being tried as adults over chickens an it will not be felony murder.

Moving animal cruelty in to felony status just gives judges the "option" of sentences of a year or more.

Quote:

Anything that is not a felony has to have punishment of less than a year.

Before the change an adult doing what these kids did might serve 6 to 8 months. Now that same adult could serve 12 to 16 months. Those kids will still get a slap on the wrist.

Dont bet on those kids being tried as adults over chickens an it will not be felony murder.

Moving animal cruelty in to felony status just gives judges the "option" of sentences of a year or more.

Before the change an adult doing what these kids did might serve 6 to 8 months. Now that same adult could serve 12 to 16 months. Those kids will still get a slap on the wrist.
I agree with your post, but I think the one thing that will tend to tip the scales of justice is the fact that it was a Foster Farms commercial chicken plant and that will hopefully carry some weight in the decision making.

Last edited:

Thanks for clarification.
I find it quite interesting that the change in law moving animal cruelty to felony was in our local newspaper only a couple of days before this horrific incidence….guess the offenders cannot read.

Tyson will push for the money not jail time so I would bet on them getting probation till they pay Tyson back the worth of the chickens. So that would be about $6K right? How many kids was it?
I briefly looked up the Foster Farm website…didn't see it was a Tyson owned facility.

Back
Top Bottom