95 grams meets 95 pounds

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Don B, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Don B

Don B Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Day 3 of our new cheeps. I have been working diligently with our 95 pound Great Pyrenees, Dorrie, to get her accustomed to the chicks. I want her to be gentle and protective around them, and I want them to feel comfortable with her. We will free-range the birds when they are older, so it is important that Dorrie respect them. It is working out quite well. Dorrie, at 16 months, is very curious, but gentle.
    [​IMG]
    There was one incident where she backed up onto a chick that she did not know was behind her, but no harm done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Wonderful pics and such a sweet dog. I live in La, too, and am wondering how your dog is doing with all this heat.....

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwww.....those are some adorable pics!!! I think of most breeds, Great Pyrs, would be the best flock Guardians!

4. Don B

Don B Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Thanks, Critter!
    Becky, as long as she has access to shade with a fan blowing, she is quite comfortable.

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how sweet that last picture is........I have heard such wonderful things about that breed and protection ....... my Doberman loves to "play" with my girls...making them get their excercise........ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by