1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

95% sure of my suspicion-confirmation of roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teeville5, Jun 27, 2011.

1. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    This is supposed to be an araucana pullet, but I'm thinking she is looking a bit boyish. (S)he is about 8 weeks old. I bought 2 at TSC and the lady swore they were sexed pullets and not straight run. I kind of had my doubts and am now thinking I was right. The other araucana I bought doesn't have a noticeable enough comb yet, but this one started to stand out last week. I'm pretty sure it's a roo, but just want to know what anyone else thinks. This will make 7 roos out of 39 if I'm right which means I'll be re-homing my bantam roos and keeping my RIR roo and this one. So what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm curious as to this one as well. I counted this porcelain d'uccle as one of my bantam roos, but I'm still on the fence because he hasn't really grown much (possible runt?). His comb has looked like that for a few weeks now. His pullet sister doesn't have a noticeable comb and is a lot bigger than him. He's about 10 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

2. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Yep, those are both boys! The top EE is going to be a very handsome guy!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yup, boys.

4. Vora

Vora Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Both beautiful boys! That EE is GORGEOUS!

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    hoooooboys!

6. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Thank you everyone. It's good to know for sure. [​IMG]
    We're definitely going to keep the EE because he has some really nice colors coming in. The pictures really do not do him justice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by