A 2 month pullet not feathering?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by green homesteader, Oct 15, 2011.

1. green homesteader

green homesteader Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    Southren Tier NY
    I have 2 month old pullet, she is not feathering? She is smaller then others hatched with her, everyone else feathered nicely. I worry she wont get her feathers?
    [​IMG]

Not sure how to add pictures.

2. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Anybody have the thread number for Little Nell? Maybe its name was not Nell. It is called failure to thrive. There is a wonderful thread about a little rooster. i will look for it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  3. green homesteader

Oct 15, 2011
    Southren Tier NY
    [​IMG]

Not the greatest picture of her, but I hope you can see what I am saying.
    She has feathered slowere than everyone else, but she is not getting feathers on her neck.
    (We have no naked neck turkens here!)

4. raykour1

raykour1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    The thread you are looking for is about a rooster named Nano. Search that and you will find a thread about a failure to thrive that grew up just fine, but with a smal deformity.

5. CherylR

CherylR Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Western NY
    Oh my...I have a little one just like her/him that i was beginning to worry about that is about 7 weeks old! The other 2 siblings are much bigger and more feathered than he/she! I got the eggs from a neighbor for my broody banty to hatch and she said the eggs came from a "community nest" and they have both standard and bantam chickens on their farm so I just thought it was because it was a different breed from the other two. Still, he/she doesn't look quite right...has the naked neck thing going on and has both of his/her outer toes under-developed. He/she acts right, eats, poops, runs around...etc...but just doesn't look right. Hope he/she'll grow up okay!

6. Mudsow

Mudsow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2009
    i can't seem to find anything about this Nano

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Sometimes birds are late to feather out, they need a bit more heat then the rest but usually catch up by the time they're adults.

8. green homesteader

Oct 15, 2011
    Southren Tier NY
    I plan on growing her out to see what happens. I have both of her parents & the other chicks from them have all turned out ok. This EE has no other health problems, her feet, eating habits, pecking and all that is quite normal. It just has always been smaller than the others and now the feathers missing on the neck. The skin does not look like it will feather soon. This little one is full of energy, healty and has lots of personality.

9. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
  10. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    There he is. I love Little Nan!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by