1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A 2 week old silkie - just a cute little fluffer!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by happyhensny, Mar 31, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Could not resist a little picture of the happy littler peeper! Do not really have anything to say but, AREN'T CHICKENS FUN!!! [​IMG] Have a great day everyone!

[​IMG]

2. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I want one!!! I want one!!! I want one!!!

Or maybe 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. [​IMG]

3. happyhensny

I do have some for sale - pick up only though..... If they don't sell I guess I may have to keep them (Shhh don't tell DH)[​IMG]

4. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    How far are you from 95? I will be going to VA in a few weeks. [​IMG]

5. Squeaky

Squeaky I squeak, therefore I am

Jul 5, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    HappyHensNY, is that a triple yolker in your avatar or did you just get creative with some regular eggs?

6. happyhensny

Bubbazmommy - I am in Albany NY-about 2 hrs North of NYC. If you decide to take the scenic route PM me and we see!

Yes, that is an actual egg! My Golden Comet, Rosalina, laid that as her 1st egg. Boy, single yolkers are a let down compared to that!! I even looked on the internet to see if it was safe to eat-I never even heard of a triple before!

Ok very wierd- on the edit page above says egg, on the forum it changes to rooster...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Soo Cute! I just put my lonely Silkie E g g in the hatcher this morning, it was the only one to develope out of 11, so I hope it hatches! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  8. happyhensny

kelseygirl - love how you spell E G G what's the matte, dont want a ROOSTER?

9. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:Yup, I was a ditz and aready forgot, good thing I read my post before moving on, I had to edit it, LOL.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] I just love silkies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by