a 50-50 chance for a Valentines Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazychicken, Jan 25, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wish me Luck !!!

I went out and got our egg yesterday and it was still warm so I brought it in and asked my mom. (I have been begging to hatch some for a long long time now) and she gave me permission to hatch 1 egg a 50-50 chance. I am so happy and nervous. We have had lone chicks before and they turn into the most sweetest chicks. and you know what,I AM DUE ON VALENTINES DAY !!!!!

Send CrazyChicken your 100% hatching vibes will also be needing hen vibes.

All though if we hatch out a lone rooster and it becomes very sweet they (my parents,my siblings and everyone else) may kick Red out and replace him with his sweeter son. ( they wont if I have something to say about it no way are they getting rid of my first hatch rooster)

[​IMG] Day 2 [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Good luck![​IMG]

3. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    What breed is it

4. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Master S.M.C :

What breed is it

BR mix hen X RIR rooster , so I have no idea what will come out I have had yellow chicks and black chicks and even a black with yellow stripes chick.​

5. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Mine are hatching on the 14th too! I have 4 RIRs in the 'bator. Hope that it hatches for you. [​IMG]

6. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Candled I have a baby look at my avatar do you see it ?

7. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    crazychicken wrote:

Candled I have a baby look at my avatar do you see it ?

Yes I do! I candled last night and was thrilled. One of my eggs is speckled, so it's practically impossible to see inside, and another one has a thick, dark shell. All I managed to see in those two was a dark mass. In the other two, I saw chicks and veining. In one egg, it was even moving! It moved me so much to see the teeny life that it brought me to tears. It made me want them to hatch even more. Valentines is going to be one heck of a day for us, huh?​

8. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Rootin' along here for ya. [​IMG]

9. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Yes I do! I candled last night and was thrilled. One of my eggs is speckled, so it's practically impossible to see inside, and another one has a thick, dark shell. All I managed to see in those two was a dark mass. In the other two, I saw chicks and veining. In one egg, it was even moving! It moved me so much to see the teeny life that it brought me to tears. It made me want them to hatch even more. Valentines is going to be one heck of a day for us, huh?

yes it is going to be a good day, I love candling I could sit their for hours watching the little chickie move and dance and I smile real big like this > [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by