A 70 plus not so new

pegnruss

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 23, 2015
I first got chicks about 3 - 4 years ago, found a new home for them when some things happened here at the house, like my husband fell off the porch roof and had to be hospitalized for a few days. Then the following year it started to get to me so I got some more and started again.

I have 8 hens and a rooster. The hens are mixed breeds: 2 Buff Orphingtons (Blondie and Buffy), 2 Dominiques (Dori and Dolly), 1 Astralop (Black), 1 Rhode Island Red (Red) and 2 Black Sex Links (Arial and Annie) they were suppose to be Astralops. My first rooster of this group was a beautiful white with black markings Buff Brahma but he got agressive so I found him a new home and got a Barred Rock with a broken toe (Chief Broken Toe or Roo for short). they all are about 16 months old. I got all but the second rooster as week old chicks last year.
They, our two dogs and three cats, my husband and I live just below the Blue Ridge Mountains in north Georgia but we moved here from Pennsylvania 13 years ago when my husband retired.

I found Backyard Chickens by accident back when I had my first batch of chickens but don't remember introducing myself.

I still garden some, sew, read and cook special meals when family comes. I have three grown children with 9 grandchildren. I am a do-it-yourselfer so I spend a lot of time outsid when I can. I designed and built my chicken coop and pens.

Well that just about does it. Russ and I have lived and worked in D.C., PA, VA, FL, OH and GA over the years and finally retired to the GA hills/mountains. Life is good.

Peg n Russ

Hi Peg and Russ and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
Ct

Back
Top Bottom