A Baby, ohhh I got a baby!!!!

tammy j

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 6, 2007
S.W.Mo
Ooohhhh I just can't believe it!! I got a baby!!
wee.gif
I came in this morning to check the bator like always, and when I looked in there was a busted egg!!
ep.gif
I haven't opened the bator yet cause the chick looked wet still. Oh so cute, looks yellow, and since I am in the same room, I can hear him chirping. Oh quick someone, what do I do now? I don't have my brooder set up yet, cause the little darlings weren't supposed to hatch until Saturday. I can't believe it , I got my first baby. Yipee!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
wee.gif

big_smile.png
Woo hoo! This one is an early bird!

I think he needs to stay in there at least until he is dry, that will take awhile.

Tammy where are you in SW MO? My grandma used to live in Diamond.

Last edited:
congrats! it will be ok to leave it in the bator until it is dry. so now you have time to get the brooder area set up. Don't panic.......just breath. If you don't have a brooder available a plastic tub or cardboard box with a heat lamp will be just fine to use. good luck:)

Ok, baby is still damp, but moving a little and chirping. I'm gonna head for the basement, get a plastic feed tub cleaned out, then set the heat lamp over it. Later tonight or tomorrow, I'll move him to his new home. I really hope somebody else will hurry and hatch out so he won't be lonesome.
I put the eggs in on 7-6 but obviously momma or the heat had started the incubation before I found the eggs.

Asap I will try for pics. The pc is not working correctly, I can't look at any of my pics stored on here, then I gotta figure out how to post them.

Motherhenandflock, I actually live about 10-15 miles north of Diamond, in Carthage.

Ok update time... another baby hatched out this afternoon:weee
I now have the brooder set up and running, both babies are in it, they also have their food and water ( small rocks in the waterer). I can't figure out my pc , so no pics yet, but I am trying. The babies are so cute.
big_smile.png

How exciting! How many more are you waiting on?
yippiechickie.gif

I know just where Carthage is, we would go shopping there! On the "square". I have a lot of family members buried outside of Jasper, north of you a way.

Back
Top Bottom