1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Bad Friend!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by serama hen, Dec 6, 2012.

1. serama hen

serama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    Hi I now alot of friends here have been through school and went through life so I came here for some knowledge. There is a boy I noticed in seventhe believe it or not he was here from second and i never even saw or noticed him. I wanted to be his friend so i tried to be kind and nice at first he was sweet as can be and a good listener and i liked being around him he was so happy and full of energy but because he was a bit touchy and really excited all the time people were mean to him and deep down i felt so sad for him. For three years i tried to be his friend but it seemed that slowly he seemed to not see any interest in becoming friends with anyone in our class. I gave him lots of things so he would smile and it worked like making him some cookies or helping him out here and there but he never said thankyou or acted apriecative like others i helped or was nice to. One day i asked him why he doesnt try making friends or be nice to people he told me this. I used to go to public school and it was the best and everyone their was energetic like me everyone here is just a fake friend my real friends are at the park i meet everyday. I then left and thought im fake! So after all these years of trying to be friends but to no avail. So i might as well move on and find some one who is better friend i know someone and he is really nice back should i give up or keep trying i mean it takes awhile till some one finally notices the things your trying to do or should i just give up and leave?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I would move on. He is not a bad friend.He is simply not a friend at all. Life is far to short to waste it on people who do not appreciate you.

3. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Give up. He has told you in so many words that you are wasting your time. He has not learned that in order to have a friend you must be a friend...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good advice! and a truth well spoken.

5. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    I guess so I guess it is time to move on.[​IMG]And I guess its true I tried a bit too hard for nothing I guess this is the end of the road but i wouldnt mind for one last hug.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    Thanks everyone!

7. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    I tried to forget about it but i guess i kinda missed him. And went back to trying to be nice to him. I remember the only way i was able to leave a person is either I got angry at them. Buts hes so funny and nice sometimes its hard to forget. And everyone is so mean to him. Ughh i am a nutjob arent I.

8. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    Well, if nothing else, you aren't showing him any respect. Why don't you try liking him enough to let him choose his friends, which don't include you?

9. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    He has no other friend which is sad. Everyone is cruel to him and so was I till I just looked at myself an said what am iI doing! He looks at me as a good friend its just i wish he was a bit more appreciative.

10. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    It isn't really up to you to decide what's good or bad for him. If he's happy being alone, then...he's happy.

Does he think of you as a good friend? Or are you just telling yourself that he does?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by