A Ban on USA Poultry?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Dec 6, 2014.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Found this article.

http://www.worldpoultry.net/Broiler...|2014-12-05|Russia_bans_imports_of_US_poultry

World Poultry is a respected new source for the world of poultry. It just goes to show that no one is perfect. We always hear of those times where we find unwanted ingredients in food imported to us.

I also know that in Europe it's a crime to feed antibiotics to chickens on a regular basis, but antibiotics can be used for an illness that is specifically present at the time.

2. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
  3. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That is absolutely disgusting. First it's feeding cow to cows, now it's poultry poop and bedding. How gross. In Florida there are mega numbers of people growing their own cows for meat. Some sell it. The cows are raised on pasture. I think I'll look for a source.

4. Toddrick

Toddrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2014
    Indiana
    The Russian bans are political. I wouldn't read much more into it than that they are looking for excuses for an embargo, because we are sanctioning them over their Ukrain invasion.

5. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I think their ban on Americans adopting is justified
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-found-all-over-dead-toddler-Max-Shatto.html
    http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1
    In the report there is the story that a couple adopted a chinese girl from an orphanage and put her up for re homing 5 days after they got her to America.
    https://www.facebook.com/secondchanceadoptions
    Brandon just turned 11 and was adopted less than a year ago from Africa. Due to some issues of adapting and some serious health problems in another family member in his adoptive home, he needs a new placement. Please help us share this need by sharing it to your own Facebook page. If you "like" this page (www.facebook.com/secondchanceadoptions) you will receive updates on the kids we are trying to find homes for.

We cannot answer questions left as comments below. Please email us at [email protected] with all your questions. Unfortunately, those who write negative comments will be banned from this page.

Brandon is very smart and quickly catching up to U.S. standards in 5th grade. His teachers love him, and he is very popular in school. He gets along well with others. His English skills are great as he works to learn this new language (his 3rd). He works hard to get the right sentence structure, and he has an ILLP which is for a student in a school with a low number of students who need help with their acquisition of English. Mainly he has an aid with him in class, and much of what this aid does is to help him learn good American classroom manners, like raising his hand and allowing other students to answer questions.

Brandon is phenomenally good in sports and has become a key player in several intramural sports.He likes games, camping and cooking.

Brandon spent a lot of his young years in a government orphanage with many, many other boys and little supervision. It is felt that perhaps he should be the youngest in a new home, but this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

While he may have some attachment concerns, his adoptive mother shares that Brandon does not rate high on a RAD scale and has not been diagnosed with RAD or any other condition. Because of needs of others in the home, he has not had a lot of focused attention, and he needs a family where he can be a cherished son and brother.

He shows every sign of being able to do well in a home. He has had counseling, and counseling in his new home should probably be continued. He is not and has not been on any medication. His health is good. He has learned about life in the U.S. and in a family, so he is ready to be matched with a new family asap.

Due to some state laws, we are not able to place him in NY, CO, CT, MA, NV, ND, or DE.

If you would like to receive additional information on him, please contact us at [email protected] We have a lot of additional info available to those who email us.

This is a private adoption, so a state or foster home study would not work unless they would release it for a private adoption.

Adoption is a legal process and there will be some costs for this adoption. This adoption qualifies for the IRS Adoption Tax Credit.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    America bans imports of birds from other countries as well. Some justified some not.

7. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I think that may be Live chickens.

8. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    You are correct

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by