A Beautiful Male Cayuga Duck

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ckepner, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ckepner

ckepner New Egg

Oct 27, 2010
    New Jersey
    I have a beautiful male cayuga duck named Martin who was actually a sort of rescue. And I love him very much but i think he would be happier with other ducks and with more room to run around and swim. He really is a great duck, he's quiet and friendly, but he needs more room that i cant give him. If anyone lives in New Jersey or close to that area and knows of someone who would give him a good home i would love to get in contact with them. His name is Martin by the way and he is not even a whole year yet. If you are interested and would like pictures i would love to send them to you

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Martin is simply gorgeous. I hope he does find a great home. There is also a for sale area in this forum- Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs- For Sale
    you could try posting there as well if you have no response from the people who visit the duck forum.

3. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:He is incredibly handsome. I wish you were closer. I've developed quite a fondness for ducks. My cayuga hen greets me every morning! They're a great breed.

4. tlb796

tlb796 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Portland
    Are you sure its a male? I don't see a curly tail feather.[​IMG]

5. ckepner

ckepner New Egg

Oct 27, 2010
    New Jersey
    Thankyou so much. These pictures were taken when he was a little younger, he now has his curled tail feathers in but from these pictures I can see how he might not look like a drake. by the way he is still looking for a new forever home better suited for him. I've fern pretty attached to him but I know he would be happier in a place with other ducks and more room. So please if you are interested dong hesitate to contact me. Thankyou [​IMG]

6. Natermotor

Natermotor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cecil County,MD
    How far from the MD border are you?

7. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I wish I were closer. My stupid turkeys killed my male and now have a female all alone!

8. ckepner

ckepner New Egg

Oct 27, 2010
    New Jersey
    Martin has found a new home thanks to my new friend Lisa! He now has lots of chicken, geese, and duck friends and plenty of room to move around and swim.

9. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:I am so happy to have met you and your Mom. Martin and Max are going to be grear friends. What is funny is he is sleeping in the coop with my Buff Orpington hens. Nobody is messing with him at all, he is such a sweet boy and I am so very glad he has come to live with us.

C

He would make a wonderful house duck. lol

love from Martin and Max snd me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by