A bedtime story

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by yankiwi, Jun 17, 2011.

1. yankiwi

yankiwi Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2010
    New Zealand West Coast
    Imagine if you lived in a really bad neighborhood with lots of marauding drug addicts. Every night before you went upstairs to bed you had to leave your front door wide open and hope the night watchman came around to lock you in safe and sound until morning.

When I'm a little late going out to latch the coop and our three New Hampshires are already huddled up on their perch in the dark they look scared. In New Zealand we are lucky not to have the scores of predators roaming around in North America, the UK, Europe and even Australia but we have a few. Remember to secure your coop once your birds are inside for the night.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    yep

3. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

A coop inside of a secure run with a wire top and skirting would let them sleep like a baby

4. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    bryan99705 said "A coop inside of a secure run with a wire top and skirting would let them sleep like a baby."

---That is what I hope to have in about a month.---It would help ME sleep like a baby also! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Sweet Dreams [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by