Somehow three supers were left in our living room after extracting last year, where we stored stuff before it went downstairs. Well, it takes a long time for things to go downstairs around here I decided to clean out the room so I could put up my Christmas tree. There was a telescoping top on the top of the three supers. I pulled it off and OMG, the frames had been invaded with wax moths! Absolutely yuck! The other beeks here will recognize a complete disaster - all of the wax has been eaten, that's all black frass, these things have been having a field day. I can't believe that was in the living room - we don't use the room, but still, eeeew! Please don't judge my housekeeping, I really do have a clean house - the beekeeping stuff has gotten quite a bit out of control, that ends today! If I hadn't removed that cover I never would have found this mess, it seals things up very well. Anyways, of course I immediately knew what the best answer was to this yucky problem - I had fifteen worm gourmets in the backyard who would be more than happy to help us clean this mess up. We put it all into a huge plastic bag and carried it out to them: Here you can see the larvae, they're greyish-white, all different sizes: They went wild. Good protein boost for them!