A BIG kudos for our post office!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bearz, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I got a call at 8AM Sunday from the distribution center in the next town 20 miles away. They had our chicks. Did I want to come over and get them today or wait until they got to our post office on Monday? They were closed but he would be there until 2PM and would let me in if I wanted to get them!

Of course we chose to spend the gas and go get them. Surprisingly we ordered 25 but MM put in 2 packing peanuts and we only lost 1 in transit!

The guy at the post office said he always calls because people tell him that they lose less if they get them asap. He was right. We had a little runt that wouldn't even open its eyes when we got it home. Just kept falling asleep and stumbling around. We kept it warm and put it separate from all the big ones because it was getting trampled on. We picked about 6 others that were about the same size and put them in a separate box with her so it wouldn't be alone and it perked right up yesterday and is holding its own now with the big girls. I'm sure we would have lost her by Monday.

SO, amidst all the complaints about the post office, here is one that really shines!

2. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    YAY! And hooray for the postal worker! And hooray for your little runt's survival!

3. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    that's great! but, um, where are the pictures. you just forgot right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by