A big lump between legs

jonjoka

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 6, 2008
I have read everywhere about eggbound. I brought her inside for three days but hasn't laid. I gave her a warm bath but nothing has come out. I can't feel an egg but the lump is very hard. I'm thinking of doing a surgery because I have lost one from the same problem. I regret not cutting the one that died so I could see what it was. I hate to see her suffer but I would hate myself if she would die without me trying. I need some information on surgery. What kind of thread to use, is there something I can give her to put her to sleep. She is a beautiful girl. i don't know what kind she is but she is all white. She has had this lump for at least 2 weeks. She was laying before this happened. PLEASE HELP this poor woman. If I would save her life I would be forever happy. I can't afford a Vet. Thanks.

Thanks. I'm still thinking exactly what to do before it's too late.

I don't know what I would do!

keeping fingers crossed for you.....
fl.gif

So my girl died today and I cut it to see what that lump was. It was a big lump of what looked like an egg york. I guess that is what they call internal layer. I could still see yellow fluid behind the lump. Now, the lump was hard and when I cut her I could see why. It was like the egg inside had been boiled. It was just the york and it was solid. I didn't see any shell. I wonder if I could have saved her life by cutting her and clearing the way for the egg. Anybody knows? I have lost another one with a similar lump.

Back
Top Bottom