A big pet peeve of mine...does this bother anyone else???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hoosiermomma, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    It just gets my goat when people say they are going to do something and don't follow through. Does that bother anyone else? I am a person of my word and when I say I am going to do something I do it come $#@@ or high water. I know things come up but it's common courtesy to say 'hey, I can't do this right now....maybe later'. I guess common courtesy along with a person's word are things of the past....[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Yes, it is very rude. This bugs my DH no end; I think it's his #1 pet peeve. Common courtesy has died along with common sense - the common's are croaking [​IMG]

Did someone leave you hanging?

3. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I know that sometimes I say I am gonna do something...but I forget...FOR REAL, I forget EVERYTHING. So sometimes unless I am reminded, I fit into that catagory. I hate being so forgetful.
    And when it happens to me, I just let it go...there was obviously a reason why they didnt follow through. There are too many letdowns in life and if you let them all get to you, you will be miserable. I dont get upset. I have a sister who freaks out if you say your gonna call and you dont, nevermind the bigger things. And guess what, no-one can stand it. We all think she is being selfish only thinking about herself and she could care less why you may not have done what she said she was gonna.
    So therefore, my answer would be no, its not a pet peeve of mine. If you want it done you have to do it yourself. That is my motto. I rely on no-one that way I cant be let down. [​IMG]

ETA: once I am reminded of what I may have forgot, I do follow through. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  4. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I like that motto. No I don't allow myself to be letdown, it just irritates me. For some reason there has been a string of happenings like this lately. It's not something as simple as being forgetful either...maybe a matter of misplaced priorities. It would just be nice to have at least one person that you can count on to follow through with things. [​IMG] I just wanted to know if this bothers anyone else and where in the heck did the common courtesy and decency go. [​IMG]

5. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes this drives me crazy [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I keep my expectations low. This way I'm never disappointed.

7. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Yah it's mine to. When we were going to get a field trip at a hospital one of the nurses promised to meet us in the lab and never showed up... [​IMG]

8. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:That is my point exactly. I think after being let down so many times, you just learn to let it go. Plus it seems like after you ask for a favor, you always owe them something. Now that there is a pet peeve of mine. There seems to be no more "just doing things out of the kindness of your heart". [​IMG]

9. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:That is my point exactly. I think after being let down so many times, you just learn to let it go. Plus it seems like after you ask for a favor, you always owe them something. Now that there is a pet peeve of mine. There seems to be no more "just doing things out of the kindness of your heart". [​IMG]

I agree with that....there are always strings attached....especially with family. [​IMG]

How do you lower expectations? I have always had high ones because I hold myself to a higher standard. I naturally expect those around me to do the same although I know most don't have it in them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by