1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A BIG "Thumbs Up" to McMurray Hatchery!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PulletSurprise, Jun 23, 2008.

1. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    Ordered for the first time with them last week, my chicks we're due to be here tomorrow; instead, they showed up yesterday. All 26 of them! Everything was what I ordered (I think since I'm so green at all of this [​IMG] I let them put in a "rare" breed. Though, one of my partridge rocks has only one eye [​IMG] None were dead when they arrived nor died during the night! Their all thriving [​IMG] I would buy from them again.

2. thebirdgirl

thebirdgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Northeast, MA
    I had the same experience last week- mine were suppose to arrive on Monday but they came on Sunday instead. I actually got 27 (not sure why an extra sebright was added along with a "mystery chick"). One was more sleepy than the others on arrival and I hand fed her for a day, but she died during the night. I called the hatchery and they credited my account since it was prior to 48 hours. All 26 others are still doing great and have no signs of slowing down! Very active and extremely cute. I hope I won't need more chickens for a while but I would definitely order from them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by