a bit of good news and new Meters

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickhamm, Feb 28, 2008.

1. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    last night was day 17/18 for a set of 18 eggs i have developing from dipsy they are blue/black/splash silkies. I cleaned the bator out of the buff eggs that failed to hatch, i konw a bit early but there was no movment, no cirping/tapping nothing. Cleaned all the gook and stuff, and sprayed down with bleach, rinsed and dried then set the eggs up in there. Humidity was very high.....it read 90..i still have to get a new hygrometer, doing that in a few actually.......temps 102 to 104.........came back from grocerie shopping and .........YEAH, a beautifull DARK blue baby....... all wet and wobbly in there and other eggs piped!!!

I dont know about the 3 buffs that hatched......they are smaller than ones ive goten from eggs ordered or hatched from my own. They are VERY quiet and subdued. I have some vitamin water in there and chick starter, yet they show no interest in eating at all. they dont watch and look and try to peck with my fingers or anything....one passed this morning, so only 2 left of them now.

chickhamm
    Theressa

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG] Aww, c'mon babies!

3. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    ok, got new meters, 2 of them actually, hatcher has been between 100 and 101 and humidity is 70+. My incubator is reading 100 and 45 humidity.

2 more silkie eggs pipped YEAHH!!

chickhamm
    Theressa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by