A bit of reassurance needed...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Morgan7782, May 23, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't judge me lol. My two 7 week old pullets are in their coop right now. It's about 60 degrees, not raining but it is breezy. I am sitting with the window open, right near their coop and I don't hear any cheeping. If they were not comfortable, or too cold, they would be cheeping miserably, right? If they are quiet, and seem fine, they are okay? Everytime I go out to check on them, they see me and jump down excited to come out. But it's night here, and I let my younger cat out to get some outside time so they are put away in the coop. I don't think I will have them stay the entire night out there, but I am waiting until the temp drops lower then 55, if it does. They will be 8 weeks on Wednesday, and are feathered out. Am I just being a worry wart? Like I said, no cheeping, no misery sounds, just quiet. Assure me! LOL please [​IMG]

2. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG]:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs [​IMG]

3. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Oh Chick Mama... Your doing great. As long as there are NO drafts, they should be fine. (but will you???)

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Nope, no drafts. I was out there for an hour with my arm in the door, just making sure I didn't feel any of the wind. I am trying not to check too often because like I said they get so excited to see me. I will probably bring them in around 30-45 mins or so. The temp should be dropped by then.

::goes to window to check::

yep, no loud "I AM COLD" cheeping. Quiet as a mouse. Hm. Too quiet? ::runs outside to check again::

5. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I'm there too, I have several different ages and breeds in 4 brooders. They mature at different rates. DH and DS finished new teen coop to accommodate the new arrivals. We'll see if they make it in or will "Mama" have to help???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by