A brief rant...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Schultz, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just need to vent for a moment, sorry [​IMG]
    First let me just say that there are truely careless and ignorant people in this world. I had a BBQ grill listed on craigslist and a lady came this morning to pick it up. DH had it sitting in the driveway to keep her from driving back too far near the chickens. We she shows up and drives THROUGH my yard around the grill toward the end of the drive [​IMG] I hurry outside and just as I open the door she AND her very LARGE boxer (dog) get out of the truck [​IMG] I tell her that I have chickens and that she needs to put her dog back in the truck and she starts asking why, he's friendly. I tell her again to put it in the truck that CHICKENS AND DOGS ARE NOT FRIENDS [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] She says that ya her dog would probably go after them because he goes after cats [​IMG] She finally put him back in and loaded the grill and left. [​IMG] I guess I will never understand why people go to a strangers house and make themselves at home. Do they just not think there will be consequences to their actions? Do they not care that they could be endangering someone elses property?? Ok thanks for the vent, I think I feel a little better.

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Craig'sList always seems to bring out the winners. I listed a cement mixer one time, and the people began shopping in my garage trying to buy other things and haggling over items that weren't for sale.

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

People are unbelievable sometimes!! How rude! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thank you...I can't believe some people.

5. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    It does help to get it out. I also keep a journal. If i write it I feel a lot better But, now that I found BYC. HA!HA! Its better then blasting the selfish human and thats exactly what it is. I have had that happen here but, with our shop kitties. My chicks are safe way back in our yard.[​IMG] Venting is good. I was called meek because I don't go blasting people but, the defination of meek is Attitude under control.[​IMG]

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the support. I was afraid I was overreacting but now I know I wasn't.

7. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    You're not overreacting Shultz - you are RIGHT!

I have a dog that I take places with me. He is a Jack Russell Terrier and is my best companion. But, I DON'T assume he is welcome everywhere, and I understand that just because I like dogs doesn't mean EVERYONE likes dogs. If he's in the car and I stop by to visit, I don't let him out without asking first. And then I keep him on a leash unless invited to release him. Even when I visit my parents and he is with me, I am sure to thank them every time for allowing me to bring him. I believe my dog is an imposition on others when he is in their territory, just as your dog is an imposition on me when it's in my territory...no matter how friendly or socialized.

8. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I just talked to a friend yesterday that is desperately trying to find a home for her dog. She put an ad on Craigslist. A man sounded like a perfect prospect but he could not come all they way to her. So she agreed to meet him over 150 miles away. She talked to him that morning, he told her where to meet him. He didn't show up and wouldn't answer his phone. People!!!!!

9. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:You and our fellow BYC'ers are a good animal parents! Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and have had many. But this lady had no leash and assumed that it was ok. AND drove through my yard that DH and I take a lot of pride in. This lady had no respect at all.
    I just talked to a friend yesterday that is desperately trying to find a home for her dog. She put an ad on Craigslist. A man sounded like a perfect prospect but he could not come all they way to her. So she agreed to meet him over 150 miles away. She talked to him that morning, he told her where to meet him. He didn't show up and wouldn't answer his phone. People!!!!!

That is the reason I state in my ads that it is local pickup only and I will not hold the item. People just don't think or are scamming you a lot of times on craigslist. I take all necessary precautions. I hope your friend finds the dog a good home!!

ETA: Thanks for the support everyone [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  10. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Even without the fear for the chickens I might have been afraid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of dogs, it just takes me a bit to be comfortable around the larger ones. Probably had too many dogs knock me over as a child, or something. So weird driving across yard + big dog not on lease + "he's nice" = NOT an overreaction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by