A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You may be right Ralpg! Adam probably did a half ganer off his perch for attention!

Nothing like hen hugs after a stressful day! Went out to spend time with them. Sat down on a bench & both girls hopped up & settled down. They like their heads scratched. They are so cute. All my friends think they are ugly.....I find them quite adorable. Guess beauty is in 5he eye of the beholder. ;)

:lau   Poor Adam....falling off his roost!  Has that bird EVER quite strutting????

On rare occasions, I'll look out the window and he's not strutting anymore but he's still Mr Strut king lol

I went to check turkey eggs yesterday, no eggs and my fake ceramic egg was missing....   I looked every where for it, dug through the nest material, it was just gone.

Today I went to check eggs  I got 4, and the fake eggs was still missing no one returned it!   I put two more fakes  in there.  I hope they stay.

I moved the Creamettes into their own breeding pen today, so the big coop and run is able to handle the turkeys.  

Only one egg in the new "coop" from the creamettes, as flighty as they are, I will probably have screwed up their hormones for a month..

We have an Alberta Clipper coming through here, it has turned windy bitter raw, while the temps are not that cold, I decided it was too chilly for me to be out anymore today.

I will be building Mr T's bordello tomorrow and have it ready to go by Sunday.  I am then going to move Mr T's women into it so they get comfy.  

Porter is having a personal grudge with Blackie. I have no idea what is going on between those two. I saw them fighting by the chicken coop.  Blackie was upset his hackles were way out. They were trying to gouge each other. I broke them up, Blackie crowed he won, Porter strutted off like he won.   Porter went back to the other Toms'.  He was 100 yards for them. I have no idea why he would go to the coop to fight Blackie.  Blackie could be to blame though, he is trying to prove he is the top rooster now that Ed has moved to his new quarters.

Did Adam get hurt falling off the roost?  Did he act like he planned it the whole time and it was just a fancy dismount.  Porter would have.

No he didn't get hurt falling off. He just kept walking like it was ALL part of his grand plan lol

Got ask my eggs today! I'll so excited! There are 30 CCL (W of which are reese line, 23 turkey eggs (royal palm and black mottled I believe), plus 5 bielefelders though I've been told that fertility is really low on them right now, and 3 dozen blue egg laying BSL. I'm SO going to be overrun with chicks and poults in a few weeks! It doesn't help that since I was picking them up at a tractor supply, I had to go in and see the babies. Of course I left with 6 of them. I kinda had to though. My daughter lost her bantam hen the other day. We found her dead in a secret nest. It was such a heartbreaking day. So, when we walked into tractor supply and they had a bin full of silkies, she had to have one lol. I did manage to talk my son into giving up the rooster that he claims is his (he didn't raise him and doesn't pay much attention to him) to get a rhode island red pullet. I get rid of an extra rooster and gain a future egg layer lol. The other 4 silkie I brought home will go up for sale. They're easy enough to sell. I just hope that the one she picked to keep ends up being a girl.

Last edited:
What is the facebook page that adams pic is on called??

He is on Porters....  Turkey Genetics 101  I think is the real name.    I will send it to you..

I came across this as I was working on catching up my reading on here.

Is there a turkey genetics group on Facebook? Is it a closed group? Google search turned up nothing.

The turkeys noticed my siblings were sledding without super vision so they decided they would practice being parents before they decided to have their own children
1f602.png

I only missed the move to the new thread by a year. Just in time, I got my first 3 turkey eggs today. They were yummy and fertile.

Gevshiba, noticed your dog on course. I have a turkey that will do weave poles and the A frame. And I agree, turkey eggs are delicious.

Aurora/Ralph....good luck with your mega hatches! You two need help! :gig

Back
Top Bottom