A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ok. When u able able to I would appreciate it if u send me a message on here. Sorry if I am being bothersome. I am just ready to get new birds. I can't find anywhere in my area to get any turkeys.

I am sorry to hear about your dog. I know I am late on this, I have had an unbelievably busy (bad) 3-4 days too.

I have one turkey still laying eggs. However, I am going to expand that number soon... The "Sisterhood of the Traveling Eggs" trio are going to come to an abrupt end. I have been leaving the because it is cute. We are getting closer to hatching time. SO 2 are done. I will put Sidekick in with them this time so I get pure Self Blues.

Sounds like a plan Ralphie. But where are our pictures of the three girls?? Are they all sharing a nest?

I guess I jinxed myself on the palm with babies. There was 1 dead this morning. It was where she was setting with them last night.

If that's all she loses that's still good.

Caught another coon. And from the looks of things there are some more skulking around. Unless this one was the ultimate destruction artist.

I don't know why but I went and set 20 guinea eggs last night. Maybe if I hatch them from eggs I will have a better chance of them staying around. In the past I have bought from week old keeps to adults and for some reason they don't stick around.

I think Eve and Mary are both thinking about going broody. I've caught those girls sharing the nest a few times in the past few days but no eggs from either one of them. They're both acting a little off too from their usually. Mary is more skittish and Eve doesn't want cuddled and loved like usual. Guess we'll have to see. I don't know if I'll give them eggs or not. I'm still traumatized from Pebbles' broody fiasco lol

Aurora: give them a chance to hatch a few if eve and Mary go broody. Maybe they learned from the pebbles fiasco on what not to do.

You need a few more Adam babies.

Found a little envelope in my mail box addressed to "Daisy". It's a birthday party invitation for one of the little girls on the street turning 6. Sooo....I called the mom. The party is next Saturday. Just the grandparents, aunt, uncle & 2 cousins. Small family BBQ kind of thing. I explained to her Daisy is a food theif...I have visions of her ending up in the middle of the cake. But she said her daughter was really hoping for Daisy to come meet her grandparents. So I told her I'd bring her down for a few minutes before they start any food stuff. Guess I'll wrap up one of her eggs as a present. Maybe add a feather. Geez.

Get that bird an agent! Seriously, she could get work in our area. My now deceased Boston was a stunt double in an online commercial series. A couple other of my dogs did shoots for print ads (don't think they used my dogs, though). A lot of my friends have done commercials and ads. They call for other animals. They've been doing a lot of cats lately. They just had some shoots with poultry and livestock, recently. Daisy could be a star!

Feedman...sorry you lost one. But like you said, she's an amazingly good moma.
Aurora...can't blame you after Pebbles broody stint. Geez. Annie is not laying but Daisy is. Neither of them has acted broody. Maybe I'll escape the broody thing....

My worthless brother is here from North Carolina. This morning we went outside while I did the chicken chores. We had been watching JJ and the tom strutting their stuff. They were in strutting overdrive.

As we walked we saw a wild hen take off and run from the domestic turkeys back into the woods to the south! So Porter is not the only Tom that is attracting a wild woman!

The DNR up here is not going to be happy when people start shooting these half wild/half slate turkeys this fall.

I have seen hens come close, but this is the first time I saw one actually in the yard with JJ.

I have the opposite problem. We have too many wild toms hanging around. My girls are penned. My tom would be no match with his blind eye. I don't think he can see much, or anything out of it. He gets around just fine, until I need to push him faster than a strut, then he tends to run into things on his left.

Hi there Gevshiba! You may be on to something! A few of the folks in our obedience club did some commercials with their Goldens. Another friend did some print with their mini Dachshunds. Daisy would be easy to work with, but I'm betting she'd be hard to live with if she thought she was a star! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom