A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

@R2elk Good afternoon!

I’m sure you probably know that my turkey boy is getting worse. I started the supplement in the water but is there a way to dose him straight? He’s growing. Eating and drinking. But his poor legs. Their just bad 😭💔 it’s breaking my heart watching him walk. I posted a picture for other suggestions... View attachment 2171538View attachment 2171540
It isn't going to cure overnight no matter what you do. If you want, search the Emergencies forum to get ideas on how to build a sling to support it.

This is callous, but if I had one in that condition, I would have already culled it.

It isn't going to cure overnight no matter what you do. If you want, search the Emergencies forum to get ideas on how to build a sling to support it.

This is callous, but if I had one in that condition, I would have already culled it.
X2
But mine are for food anyway

@R2elk Good afternoon!

I’m sure you probably know that my turkey boy is getting worse. I started the supplement in the water but is there a way to dose him straight? He’s growing. Eating and drinking. But his poor legs. Their just bad 😭💔 it’s breaking my heart watching him walk. I posted a picture for other suggestions... View attachment 2171538View attachment 2171540
Honestly, he isn't going to get better--not for long. It's inherent in the breed. He's going to go on getting heavier--they get huge, whatever you feed them. Sometimes length of days is just length of suffering. If he were mine, I would harvest him now. He's big enough to make a good meal or two and easier to butcher since he's not 40 lbs or more.

Honestly, he isn't going to get better--not for long. It's inherent in the breed. He's going to go on getting heavier--they get huge, whatever you feed them. Sometimes length of days is just length of suffering. If he were mine, I would harvest him now. He's big enough to make a good meal or two and easier to butcher since he's not 40 lbs or more.
So he’s still edible at this stage?! With the problems he’s having?

Back
Top Bottom