A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You need to do like Ralphie and charge for processing lessons.
We did a big butcher party after our local fair for the poultry that the kids raised for the fair.... some of the cornish cross were huge! we did have a few show up to help and learn and more just drop off birds and be happy to pay us to process for them... sigh I was hoping that more kids and families would be interested in learning

I was taking a couple pictures tonight...

I love taking pictures of Pebbles, my glowing girl :)

20201028_203419.jpg
20201028_203506.jpg

Miss Blackberry, growing in to a lovely young lady

20201028_203437.jpg

Bella and Sky, my two little blues

20201028_203610.jpg
20201028_203615.jpg

We did a big butcher party after our local fair for the poultry that the kids raised for the fair.... some of the cornish cross were huge! we did have a few show up to help and learn and more just drop off birds and be happy to pay us to process for them... sigh I was hoping that more kids and families would be interested in learning
I know how you feel. When I was a kid there were actual butcher parties and everyone came and had fun and got a lot of work done (many hands make light work). Now though everyone is afraid of doing the gross stuff. I was finally able to move to the country and get some birds for butchering. My daughters are about to experience their very first butcher and they are really not looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom