A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

How do you know these are what your going to get

How do you know these are what your going to get?
Using Porters turkey calculator. I have crossed Fall Fire and Sweetgrass before. 1st time crossing Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass. Going off Porters turkey calculator it says will produce Cornish Palms , Hoping that will be my results.

Using Porters turkey calculator. I have crossed Fall Fire and Sweetgrass before. 1st time crossing Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass. Going off Porters turkey calculator it says will produce Cornish Palms , Hoping that will be my results.
As I recall you get a bunch of possible results, and not definite ones.

Some dude in Georgia bagged a tom with EIGHT BEARDS!
I'm thinking how his chest must have been absolutely crowded with beards.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/record-book-georgia-turkey/
Screenshot_20210506-144422.png

And he got 2 in one shot

My Tri Colored Penciled Palms produce ( Tri Colored Penciled Palms, Penciled Red Palms, Penciled Palms ) My Penciled Blue Palms produce ( Penciled Blue Palms, Penciled Lavender Palms, Penciled Palms, ) Penciled Red Palms breed true. Red Palms breed true. Sweetgrass produce true. Fall Fire produce ( Fall Fire, Sweetgrass, Red Sweetgrass ). Fall Fire and Sweetgrass together produce ( Fall Fire, Sweetgrass ) Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass is supposed to produce ( Cornish Palms ) I have not breed Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass together yet so will find out soon if that is true. Have breed all others and those results are true Just as Porter and his calculator say . So do not have any reason to think I wont get Cornish Palms from that cross.
As I recall you get a bunch of possible results, and not definite ones.

My Tri Colored Penciled Palms produce ( Tri Colored Penciled Palms, Penciled Red Palms, Penciled Palms ) My Penciled Blue Palms produce ( Penciled Blue Palms, Penciled Lavender Palms, Penciled Palms, ) Penciled Red Palms breed true. Red Palms breed true. Sweetgrass produce true. Fall Fire produce ( Fall Fire, Sweetgrass, Red Sweetgrass ). Fall Fire and Sweetgrass together produce ( Fall Fire, Sweetgrass ) Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass is supposed to produce ( Cornish Palms ) I have not breed Black Winged Bronze and Sweetgrass together yet so will find out soon if that is true. Have breed all others and those results are true Just as Porter and his calculator say . So do not have any reason to think I wont get Cornish Palms from that cross.
You must have a lot of separate breeding pens! :drool
Any chance of photos? I bet your turkeys are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom