A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The fewer poults that you start with, the harder it can be to get them to eat.
That must be the problem. People will buy 15 baby chicks at a time, but not that many poults, because no one has room for 15 grown turkeys. i never see people asking why their chicks won't eat, only turkey poults.

Idea💡! what if people put mirrors around their brooders so it looks like there are hundreds of poults, instead of just 2 or 3?

That must be the problem. People will buy 15 baby chicks at a time, but not that many poults, because no one has room for 15 grown turkeys. i never see people asking why their chicks won't eat, only turkey poults.

Idea💡! what if people put mirrors around their brooders so it looks like there are hundreds of poults, instead of just 2 or 3?
good idea! just got my first poult, and need to know what gender it is, because it is going to live with my grown tom. is displayed.can two toms live together? if there are no hens in the coop , only chickens outside of the coop, and one tom is clearly dominant?

I have room for well over 16 grown turkeys..

If you’re concerned they will starve, just put them on newspaper, laid flat, then sprinkle feed on it. They will find it. Even if they are alone.

Turkeys surley aren't as dumb as ducks are they? 🤣
If I have a duckling that hasn't started eating yet and I think it needs to, I kind of show it the food and water by tapping at it with my finger. I also don't use any bedding for the first couple days just puppy pads. They usually go after food that I fling out on the floor of the brooder.
Once I get its attention then I tap my finger back and forth between the water and the food and I can usually get it to nibble a bite of food from my finger.

good idea! just got my first poult, and need to know what gender it is, because it is going to live with my grown tom. is displayed.can two toms live together? if there are no hens in the coop , only chickens outside of the coop, and one tom is clearly dominant?
Two Toms can live together but they will fight some.

You might be better off with two Toms than a tom and a hen. If you just have one hen it could be bred to death.

I have room for well over 16 grown turkeys..

If you’re concerned they will starve, just put them on newspaper, laid flat, then sprinkle feed on it. They will find it. Even if they are alone.
Wouldn't a towel or something they can get a grip on be a little better? I would think they would slide around on the newspaper.

Turkeys surley aren't as dumb as ducks are they? 🤣
If I have a duckling that hasn't started eating yet and I think it needs to, I kind of show it the food and water by tapping at it with my finger. I also don't use any bedding for the first couple days just puppy pads. They usually go after food that I fling out on the floor of the brooder.
Once I get its attention then I tap my finger back and forth between the water and the food and I can usually get it to nibble a bite of food from my finger.
Wow!! I use the puppy pads too. But newspapers are cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom