A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

That’s crazy!!! Kentucky wild turkey population is already BOOMING!!!! It’s nothing to see turkeys on the side of the interstate etc. the hunting regulations are way too strict with the crazy increase in numbers on turkey and other game! (Moreso in Indiana than KY)
:lau
I have two wild hens that have moved in here. They aren't showing any indication of leaving. I had one of them come up within 5 feet of me this morning as I was taking photos.

:lau
I have two wild hens that have moved in here. They aren't showing any indication of leaving. I had one of them come up within 5 feet of me this morning as I was taking photos.
We have some toms with dragging beards that come up into the yards in our neighborhood!!! I’ve been trying to think of a way to entice them into the aviary

The wild turkeys stay away from my side of the road, but two of my poults were lured over to join them a few years ago.
Two years ago, the older hen raised 4 poults (2 toms and 2 hens) and started bringing them in to visit. I don't mind the hens but I don't want the toms breeding my hens. Fortunately this area is zoned for a very long fall turkey season with over the counter multiple permits available.

The fellow that gets eggs from me said they were delicious.

The one hen spent the winter roosting at a neighbor's place across the road. She would go visit a neighbor farther to the east and lured his whole flock over here two different times.

Two years ago, the older hen raised 4 poults (2 toms and 2 hens) and started bringing them in to visit. I don't mind the hens but I don't want the toms breeding my hens. Fortunately this area is zoned for a very long fall turkey season with over the counter multiple permits available.

The fellow that gets eggs from me said they were delicious.

The one hen spent the winter roosting at a neighbor's place across the road. She would go visit a neighbor farther to the east and lured his whole flock over here two different times.
Mata Hari!!!

That’s crazy!!! Kentucky wild turkey population is already BOOMING!!!! It’s nothing to see turkeys on the side of the interstate etc. the hunting regulations are way too strict with the crazy increase in numbers on turkey and other game! (Moreso in Indiana than KY)
Yes wild turkeys have exploded in my area the last 5 years. I had 3 big long beards outside my breeding pens this year and they stayed about 2 1/2 weeks until about 6 hens came and got them. Then one of the hens kept coming back each morning , I had to keep chasing her out of one of my open pens with toms not used for breeding.

Yes wild turkeys have exploded in my area the last 5 years. I had 3 big long beards outside my breeding pens this year and they stayed about 2 1/2 weeks until about 6 hens came and got them. Then one of the hens kept coming back each morning , I had to keep chasing her out of one of my open pens with toms not used for breeding.
@memphis would have referred to her as a hussy.

I have been hunting them for about 25 years now . Started in southern Ohio because that was only area in Ohio that had wild birds. Then they started transplanting them from down there to up here and they really took off . Now they are everywhere around here. I haven't went back down south to hunt them for about 10 years now but do miss hunting in the hills down there. A couple of pics of birds I have gotten in 2018 and 2019.
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG

Back
Top Bottom