A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have been hunting them for about 25 years now . Started in southern Ohio because that was only area in Ohio that had wild birds. Then they started transplanting them from down there to up here and they really took off . Now they are everywhere around here. I haven't went back down south to hunt them for about 10 years now but do miss hunting in the hills down there. A couple of pics of birds I have gotten in 2018 and 2019.
img_0029-jpg.2668021
Looks like a Red Bronze to me.

I have about 15 tail mounts from birds that I shot and none of them have identical tail colors. Some very dark , some very brown to red looking. Some even without black bar on lower tail feathers. Some very colorfull and others kind off bland looking.

View attachment 2657579
Some of my other hens that I am done with for breeding this year. A few of several varieties.View attachment 2657590View attachment 2657599View attachment 2657600View attachment 2657603
Thank you for the photos. Your birds and pens are awesome!
Thank you keeps me busy.
I would say so!
Not sure I could go cold turkeyless.
I did that last year. It only lasted one year. 🙄

My girls are all nesting. Very happy for them as previous females have just laid their eggs in other birds nest and left them. I don't expect any turkey hatching for their first time laying for the eggs being so small??????? Am just happy to see them all interested in stay on the nest. Just had my duck hatch a chick so who knows what the turkeys are actually nesting on lol.
First ever one baby turkey hatched by momma. :)

Hey guys, been quite some time since I've been here! I've had a bit of a break after raising my Royal Palms, but I'm back baby! Missed having turkey's way too much! This time I am going the Bourbon Red route. Last time I ended up with all Tom's....hopefully this time I get a mixed bag...I swear with all the "tests" I try I think I'm gonna be around 4 Toms to 3 Hens. Only time will tell though :) Sorry for bad pic. This is from last week with them all passed out on each other while I was fixing the brooder.
20210509_161550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom