A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I hate fireworks season. I don’t mind it myself, but my dogs get so scared from all the surrounding private ones, starting just before 4th of July. In Indiana, there is only a 2 week period when they are allowed. My poor dogs start quaking at dusk because they know what’s coming.

Well yesterday some folks must have felt that the new Juneteenth holiday meant they could shoot off fireworks early. 😡 I sure hope Indiana doesn’t increase the legally allowed period for them!
Most the laws we have seem to not matter lol. In fact how the boundaries are set up my street on the line. Behind me it's illegal and in front it's legal up to the corner of the street. And yet not only do everyone shoot them off behind...one of the guilty party is even a local police officer who almost lit his neighbors house on fire last year. Thankfully it was small enough that the sons got it out before it spread passed the bushes haha

Last edited:
I ground and bagged about 45 pounds of ground turkey today for the freezer. And made turkey burgers for dinner. (Oh so good) Saved some tenders to make some turkey alfredo tomorrow for dinner. Turkeys aren't just enjoyable to raise, Pasture raised birds make for some mighty good vittles.
Main reason I first got them is to invite them to dinner. But they sure are personable

Main reason I first got them is to invite them to dinner. But they sure are personable
Yes I have a few that been with me for about 6 years now. They are sparred the butcher knife. And can get attached to some of my breeder stock and get sparred now and then. But most are for sale and to fill my freezer and other family members and a few neighbors.

Man, we are already like 4+ fires in....just in my vicinity.. so far they've all been fairly small and manageable, but its gonna he a fun summer haha
yeah early start to fire season. gonna be a hum dinger. my hay crop took a dump with this early heat and being 3 inches behind.

Almost home. Going to pick up some fireworks. 🥳 I wonder what my turkeys will think of them. My chickens and ducks don't care. They just ignore them. The dogs hide along with the cats. My youngest sons birthday is the 2nd.. What to get a 23 year old that has everything already? 🤔

Stupid turkeys...one that hatched 2 poults a week ago is up in the trees roosting. About a half hour before dusk I tried catching poults and one ran off towards the creek. So I waited. All but one of the other hens also went into the trees. Some of the poults are old enough to get up there but others just sat crying. At dusk I caught 1 of the week olds, the other never came back. Caught a 2 wk old too. Managed to get all but 1 of the others to the hen that's on the ground. I'll see how many I have in the morning. Storms all week predicted.

Back
Top Bottom