A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

New trial with my turkeys and roosters. My Bramha rooster and my two Tom's are starting to fight. I just stood there and watched to make sure the turkeys don't kill my rooster. Obviously it's two against one. I got scared and picked up my rooster to get it to stop but he wasn't having any of that. As soon as I put him back down on the ground he went after the turkeys again. So the watching continued. The turkeys hit the rooster a few times with there wings and tried to use a bit feet action but they used there wings more then anything. My rooster was not impressed with there ninja skills. So he showed the two turkeys what a real ninja looks like. It was amazing. The rooster knocked both of them on there feathery butts and the turkeys came running to me to protect them. 😁 was funny in away. Anyway the turkeys backed down and now know not to mess with Roscoe the rooster. Thor and Odin the turkeys are giving Roscoe his dew respect 👏.
Turkeys will continue to test the pecking order every so often forever. I had a roo someone gave me that the turkeys grew up with. One jake hated that roo and the feeling was mutual. I had them separated, but one day I seen the roo get out. He made a beeline to that jake and before I could get there, the jake was tapdancing on his carcass. They both tasted good.

Turkeys will continue to test the pecking order every so often forever. I had a roo someone gave me that the turkeys grew up with. One jake hated that roo and the feeling was mutual. I had them separated, but one day I seen the roo get out. He made a beeline to that jake and before I could get there, the jake was tapdancing on his carcass. They both tasted good.
Turkeys fight dirty. Lots of biting. Even my bravest rooster will not challenge a tom turkey.

Turkeys fight dirty. Lots of biting. Even my bravest rooster will not challenge a tom turkey.
Yes most of my roos run and hide from the turkeys. This goof never learned. He was a old English lavender Orpington I was using in my meat mutts. His genes didn't help the cockerels growth rate, but his daughters did. So I didn't need him for my project, but he was a nice boy. Some of his hens seen it, but the hens that didn't were calling for him that night. The ones that seen his death, went on there own to other coops in the next couple days. The others stayed calling, until I moved them in about a week. Was rather touching.

i’ve been trying different garden veggies with the birds and the turkeys absolutely love cucumbers 😂
Yes mine do also I have been letting some get over grown letting the seeds form inside. They really like them. Also love the zucchinis I have been freezing some of them to give them on these really hot days to give them a little relief. I also hang cabbages up for them to peck at. I always plant big garden half for me and half for the turkeys.

Hey all.

I just had a turkey hen walk through my yard with babies. Accompanied by another hen. It looked like co-parenting. The second hen was the greyest wild Turkey I had ever seen..

:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig

She didn’t let me get real close. I am guessing the DNR might find some of those “near albino” turkeys next season around here.

At least I know where the missing hen went.
how is your feral hen with her wild babies?

Hey guys, got a quick question.

My 7 y.o BR hen developed a sore on her foot a couple weeks ago. At first it looked like she'd just scraped off the scales, but on closer inspection it must be scaly leg mites. This afternoon she began running around like a maniac, stopping every few seconds to pick at her toes. I soaked her legs, scrubbed them, and applied a thick coat of bag balm all the way up to the hock.

She is still in extreme discomfort and won't stop running / pacing, even when confined. IS there anything I can do to give her immediate relief? We're experiencing 95+ F temperatures. She is going to give herself heat stroke at this rate.

Back
Top Bottom