A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have never used this till today. Im worried about my flock over heating. Has anyone used this product? I put it in all the waterers this morning. Going to be over 100°f and I have no idea how bad the heat index will be today. I did Google the product but I was wondering if anyone here used it or have tried it.
Rooster Booster
Vitamin & Electrolytes
With Lacto Bacillus
I have not used this product but have heard others recommend as good product. Just don't use any supplement to often especially those with salts. Supplements are best only used in times of stress, heat, molting, sickness,( in times of less feed intake). As long as you are using a good feed they get what they need from that. I do use supplements in times of stress and for hatchlings getting them off to a good start.

💩
It's 11:35 am and heat index is already 105°f. I guess I will be turning on the sprinkler early today. My pour turkeys,chickens and ducks. My dogs stay in side and my cats can get under the house where it's much cooler. My flock stays under the porch except for the ducks.. 😓😰😥

I provide shade for all of my poultry whether it be natural or man made. I have never lost a bird to heat stress.
Humidity can make a difference.
I loose a few in spring and fall with big temperature swings when it's humid, 40' ... I think you have bigger temperature swings though drier.

Humidity can make a difference.
I loose a few in spring and fall with big temperature swings when it's humid, 40' ... I think you have bigger temperature swings though drier.
I can have a 40°F swing over a couple of hours. Thirty plus swing from day to night are very common.

Yes shade makes a huge difference without it they would really stress. I don't see any of my birds out in direct sun on those very hot days always digging down in cooler dirt in the shade.
Mine will be found in the shade on bright sunny days when the temperature is -20°F.

Last few days I have been trying to sex and split up my poults in separate grow out pens. Jakes separated from hens. Seems when my jakes grow up together they sort out there pecking orders without fighting. Plus they seem to get along better when adults also. I keep so many different toms because of so many different varieties I breed. Always looking for ways to keep fighting down and this does seem to help. I also keep my breeding toms and hens separated except when breeding. That seems to help also.

Back
Top Bottom