A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well, hell. I put this little guy in the pen with Artemis,while I went to finish the dirt work for a memorial service that we're holding for one of our local EMT's on our property. She stomped him pretty hard but he's eating and drinking l. We brought him down to my mother in law's so we're closer to the vet we use in case we have to take him in. He has to sit with or on me, so I know he's going to be ok.

I wish I could give him something for pain and inflammation so maybe I could assess his wounds a little better. Right now I can't touch his head at all and usually he let's us do whatever we want, so I know he's hurting. Just shy of a full 3 months old.

No I will not cull him, not yet, he still has the will to live.

20210923_223059.jpg

Well, hell. I put this little guy in the pen with Artemis,while I went to finish the dirt work for a memorial service that we're holding for one of our local EMT's on our property. She stomped him pretty hard but he's eating and drinking l. We brought him down to my mother in law's so we're closer to the vet we use in case we have to take him in. He has to sit with or on me, so I know he's going to be ok.

I wish I could give him something for pain and inflammation so maybe I could assess his wounds a little better. Right now I can't touch his head at all and usually he let's us do whatever we want, so I know he's hurting. Just shy of a full 3 months old.

No I will not cull him, not yet, he still has the will to live.

View attachment 2844467

as long as there is a will to live and a way to see treatment through, I say go for it. Just looks beaten up pretty bad but is anything broken? Just watch out for infection. You can use topical like Neosporin without the analgesic, there are also animal wound balms out there, we use a local concoction compounded for animals by Buck Mountain. my mother has used this balm for many years in her practice. There are probably other places that make safe wound balms out there, though, https://www.buckmountainbotanicals.net/treatments/woundbalm.html

as long as there is a will to live and a way to see treatment through, I say go for it. Just looks beaten up pretty bad but is anything broken? Just watch out for infection. You can use topical like Neosporin without the analgesic, there are also animal wound balms out there, we use a local concoction compounded for animals by Buck Mountain. my mother has used this balm for many years in her practice. There are probably other places that make safe wound balms out there, though, https://www.buckmountainbotanicals.net/treatments/woundbalm.html

Nothing broken that we can feel, I'm going to pick up some fishzole at petsmart today. He's up moving, talking, drinking, he isn't eating much today but I figure he's just sore. Do you happen to know the dosage for fishzole? I can go to the vet but we're strapped for money between all of our doctors appointments

I don't know anything about fish antibiotic. My antibiotic of choice happens to be Excede, but that can be difficult for the layperson to get unless your vet is ok with it. It is an injectable antibiotic, following the directions for dosing by weight. We usually give it in the breast and it can be given up to 2 times a week when necessary. Large animal vets usually carry it and can inject it. The dose is pretty small, enough that we use a TB syringe to administer it. If you go with a more traditional bird antibiotic Tetracycline is a powder added to water. It can be a bit more tricky in assuring dosing.

https://www.carolspetcafe.com/buck-mountain-wound-balm/
I am not sure who all retails the wound balm outside of the vet clinic (and they aren't going to ship) but here is one place that appears to sell it retail. We have been using this wound balm at the clinic for 25 years and it is what I use on my birds when there are abrasions or deep wounds or weeping wounds that need a balm. This is the vet clinic's go-to good stuff.

tbh she has used it longer, she used it on my sister and I whenever we did stupid kid stuff.
Turns out our state regulations changed or something petsmart had the label for fishzole but didn't have it in stock, petco told me they weren't allowed to sell it anymore. I found tylan 200 at Tractor supply but I don't have the dosage for that either. I can't afford to go get clavamox that I usually use because they want over 400 for a weeks worth and it requires a prescription from our vet who we can't afford right now

I don't know anything about fish antibiotic. My antibiotic of choice happens to be Excede, but that can be difficult for the layperson to get unless your vet is ok with it. It is an injectable antibiotic, following the directions for dosing by weight. We usually give it in the breast and it can be given up to 2 times a week when necessary. Large animal vets usually carry it and can inject it. The dose is pretty small, enough that we use a TB syringe to administer it. If you go with a more traditional bird antibiotic Tetracycline is a powder added to water. It can be a bit more tricky in assuring dosing.
@casportpony knows fish zole.

Turns out our state regulations changed or something petsmart had the label for fishzole but didn't have it in stock, petco told me they weren't allowed to sell it anymore. I found tylan 200 at Tractor supply but I don't have the dosage for that either. I can't afford to go get clavamox that I usually use because they want over 400 for a weeks worth and it requires a prescription from our vet who we can't afford right now
@casportpony

Back
Top Bottom