A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I don't think the injured turkey needs antibiotics. If he were mine I would clean the wound, apply Neosporin, and weigh him daily, and if he started losing weight, I would tube feed him.
tube feeding scares the heck out of me. Seen it done a lot but I am way to "chicken" to attempt it myself.

We found some other stuff too, I'm nervous about giving a turkey an injection, give me a 1200 pound cow any day of the week and I'll be fine. Poor Hedylogus here doesn't know what to make of all the attention. I left him in the crate while I answered a nature call at the in law's and he started crying for me, he got to go in to Big R while we did some shopping for the antibiotics and made a some new friends, it happens every time we take a bird to the city

We found some other stuff too, I'm nervous about giving a turkey an injection, give me a 1200 pound cow any day of the week and I'll be fine. Poor Hedylogus here doesn't know what to make of all the attention. I left him in the crate while I answered a nature call at the in law's and he started crying for me, he got to go in to Big R while we did some shopping for the antibiotics and made a some new friends, it happens every time we take a bird to the city
Injections are plenty easy. Excede is intramuscular so it doesn't need to be particularly precise, just get it into the breast muscle and you can't miss. My fear with tubing is always hitting lungs, even though I know you are supposed to smell it, or pushing too hard, or poking something wrong.... usually my issues are not digestive related in the end anyways.
Your bird is lucky to have you!

I am, hopefully, leaving the hospital today. Even though I don’t type here often anymore, I still read the thread and think about my turkeys.

As with all things, life moves onward. I still miss our friend Memphis who has been gone about a year now. Wow, time does move on.

I am fortunate in that I get to leave here. Albeit not in one piece, but I will get there.

Thank all of you as I exhibit a rare moment of mush. You would think I was a dux owner the way I am gushing.

Have a great one and throw a word towards Memphis today.

I am, hopefully, leaving the hospital today. Even though I don’t type here often anymore, I still read the thread and think about my turkeys.

As with all things, life moves onward. I still miss our friend Memphis who has been gone about a year now. Wow, time does move on.

I am fortunate in that I get to leave here. Albeit not in one piece, but I will get there.

Thank all of you as I exhibit a rare moment of mush. You would think I was a dux owner the way I am gushing.

Have a great one and throw a word towards Memphis today.
We miss your posting here :hugs
Glad you can get out of there soon.

Back
Top Bottom