a Chicago Tribune reporter looking for folks who keep chickens at home

solkon

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Hi everyone,

I am writing a story about folks who keep chickens. I am especially interested in people who live in urban areas.

If you are comfortable being featured in the story, please reach out to me at 312-222-3244. My email address is [email protected]

[Note: I will NOT be quoting from this website.]

Thank you for your consideration,

Sara Olkon
staff reporter, Chicago Tribune

I'm looking for people who live in neighborhoods where chicken-ownership is not the norm. [I am less interested in hearing from people who live on farms.] I hope to focus on Chicagoland residents.

I'm not from Chicago but as a former (recently laid-off) newspaper reporter, I would be happy to help you out. I live in the middle of Albuquerque, N.M., urban population about one million. Also on this site is a place where you can conect with people in your area, I'd check there for the Illinois posting and go from there. Also, check out your local extension office. They likely have been getting questions from city dwellers and might be able to hook you up or at least let you know if frequency of questions is increasing. They should also be able to help with ordinances.
Best,
Maggie

Back
Top Bottom