A chicken adventure

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maria22000, Oct 11, 2008.

1. maria22000

maria22000 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2008
    *Taken from my blog from a little while ago:

What the cluck???
    One of our neighbors just knocked on our door to tell us she saw two women take one of our chickens. The chicken was out on the side walk and the neighbor saw the women grab her. She told them the chicken probably belonged to us but they said it was theirs, that the chicken had jumped out of their car.

Anyway, the neighbor thought something was fishy and she took down the license plate. I called the police and they are on their way over.

To be continued...

ETA: Police came and took report, all the while chuckling to himself. Or is it clucking??

ETA2: the police brought our chicken back within half an hour! He found the people who took her, knocked on their door and asked if they had 'found' a chicken. They said yes, she is in the back yard. They had 'rescued' her, they said. Tobias, my 9 yo, had the honors of getting her out of the police car.

She keeps jumping out of our fence, maybe we should put a collar on her? Or can you clip their wings? Would that help?

ETA3: we did clip their wings and we have had not chickens escape anymore. Pffewwwww!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    That's INSANE!!! Thank gooness you got her back!!!!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Some people! We had a BR running down the street the other day. I just chuckled and kept driving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by