A chicken named Noodle, but what is she?(with pics)

maymay8

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Hi All - This chicken arrived at my mother's trailer and she's been hanging around. They've named her Noodle. She looks young to me and my first very novice guess at her breed was an Easter Egger. But her legs look white. And those tail feathers have me stumped. She's obviously had some serious pecking or other damage. Otherwise she seems healthy. So what breed is she and how old do you all think she is? Can't wait to hear what you all have to say.
Best,
Maggie

12544_100_4532.jpg

12544_100_4536.jpg

Last edited:
Noodle is a young american game (aka american fighting cock). considering you're in NM, its not unusual for such a bird to show up, as those who raise them (regardless of what their reasons are, legal or otherwise) find they do best when free-ranged as young birds. By the looks of this one I'd say he got run off by the others in the flock, and has found a new home. If you have other roosters, keep a close eye as this fella gets older, or else you may step outside one day to a bloodbath. Depending on the bloodline (impossible to tell on this one, as its a color common to several) he will "turn" as early as 6 months old or as late as 1 year old. Usually this means only that they will develop a hatred towards other roosters so strong that they will not stop til all other roosters in their territory are dead. This behavior does not translate to humans or other animals unless the bird is just "not right in the head". Good Luck with him.

Back
Top Bottom