1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A chicken rescue story.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gimme sum eggs, Mar 12, 2009.

1. gimme sum eggs

gimme sum eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    South Branch, MI
  2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    What a sweet story! The photos were nice.

3. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    great story, thanks for sharing [​IMG] That little hen is so cute!

4. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Someone else bitten by the chicken bug!! Cool!

5. 2PawsRiver

2PawsRiver New Egg

Mar 12, 2009
    Hartford
    Glad you all enjoyed the story. Make sure and go to the end and see the pictures of how well Napier has turned out.[​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

what a sweet story. [​IMG] I'm so happy that little girl found such a nice home. talk about lucky.

7. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    awww, that is so touching! poor girl stuck in a cage her whole life, gets loaded into a truck, doesn't know whats going on and escapes. BOOM out in the road. NOW what the heck is going on??

and then along comes her hero, now she is in a good home with friends and freedom to roam a bit. sweet story [​IMG]

8. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww. Nice story. Everyone who has family or friends who will only eat eggs from the grocery store, take these pics and show those people. Ask them "which chicken would you rather have eggs from?" And show them the one with the other hens in it. I'd sure pick the healthy looking ones.

9. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    What a great story. In the first pics, the poor thing looks like she's not even strong enough to hold her head up straight, and look how beautiful she is now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by