A civil political discussion?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bawkbawkbawk, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm posting this with the hope that it does not become inflammatory. [​IMG] I'm curious as to whether my recent experience is yours. Two of my most left-leaning acquaintances have surprised me with their vehement reactions to the new Administration. One has declared he has become a Republican and the other stated "I wish I could take my vote back". [​IMG]

These are both long-time Liberals, well-educated (one a J.D. and the other a Ph.D.) and both actually express fear about recent Administration decisions.

What I'm wondering is, is this becoming a common thing? I don't tend to talk politics (for all the obvious reasons) so I only know about this because these two are so insistent about making their opinions known.

It would be interesting to see what people think about this, and, if it is a common thing, why? What is it that has changed people's minds?

2. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I have heard the same thing from some of my liberal friends. I think the new adminastration made to many promises to too many groups of people. This is just my opinion so don't give it any weight. [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Let me just say I had the exact same epiphany fortunately before the election. I guess I'm a wishy/washy, two faced, fair weather voter. [​IMG]

Imp- Good luck keeping this thread from deteriorating- it'll be fun either way.

4. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    the truth is, that ppl no matter what they think, when they start getting problems with thier $$$$ then they stat acting that way, ppl want to plaim everything on Government, not now not before,but forever, yes this is the truth every where on earth ppl never say, Oh we missed up too, no they always try to find an excuse, no body told that poor guy you are going to die if you don't get a way bigger Mortgage than what you can affored, I am sorry but that is the truth.

Omran

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Rome wasn't built in a day......people need to let time run it's course.
    8 years of a mess isn't gonna get fixed in 4 months.
    That's the problem with Americans....everything is rushed, now, give me more, nothing is never enough, i want what he has............sigh

I have no political association and vote for who i like....darn if Charlie Christ runs i am becoming a republican...OMG did I just type that??
    Lighting bolts come crashing......My hippie, activist, democratic , bleeding heart liberal parents would tie me to a tree for that one.....lol

Give the admin time to fix things! Just as long as they keep pushing GREEN i am [​IMG]

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Their making it worse!![​IMG]. thats all I have to say!

7. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Quote:Not all of us think the last 8 years was a total mess.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  8. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:Not all of us think the last was a total mess.[​IMG]

Your out numbered....lol
    But what would i know

9. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Quote:Not all of us think the last was a total mess.[​IMG]

Your out numbered....lol
    But what would i know

Going with the Majority is not always the right thing. I really hope we all can just agree to disagree and live happly ever after!!![​IMG]

10. allison finch

allison finch Songster

Jun 12, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    People want change RIGHT NOW!!! They don't seem to understand that the problems are so huge, it won't go away soon. And, it will hurt us all bigtime before its over. It is an almost no win for this administration, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: