1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A CONSTANT chirping baby chick! OMG!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Juliechickens, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Oh good grief this one little baby who is about 5 days old looks, acts, seems perfectly normal next to the other 25 chicks EXCEPT for the fact that he chirps chirps chirps ALLLLLLLLLL day LONNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!! It's a NON-Stop thing!!! He is the ONLY one who does this and it's beginning to make me crazy!!!! I've washed his behind thinking maybe he was getting pasty,,,that's not it...I will give him extra water by hand from time to time thinking he's thirsty,,,,that's not it,,,,he eats and drinks well,,,,,what is this little chicken trying to tell me???!!! It starts at 7am and goes alllll day long unless he should fall asleep,,,but when he's up,,,he is chirping,,,it's not a happy little cheep cheep like the other birds it's a big loud noisy CHURP CHURP as loud as he can:duc!!!
    What does this mean and how can I make it stop????!!!!!
    Please help!!!!!!
    He is a bantam silkie by the way....
    Julie [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    he may be cold, is he cuddling with the others, try and put him right under the warmth supply (light) and see if he stopps good luck

3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Could be the chick is a cockerel and hard headed at that. Have you tried putting the chick next to you with a blanket to see if he is cold or maybe just wants some close contact? What types of food have you been offering the chicks? Could be that this chick is a picky eater. Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. GL to you [​IMG]

4. juliebeer

juliebeer New Egg

Apr 16, 2007
    Kitsap Peninsula, WA
    I had one like that too, except I am pretty sure she wasn't sleeping. I finally picked her up and wrapped her in a piece of a towel and carried her around. She would then shut up and sleep. I did that for a couple of days and then she seemed to be fine. I was accused of spoiling her...but it worked!![​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by