A couple new pullets, please guess age for me?( one more now)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jaygood787, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jaygood787

Jaygood787 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    Maine
    These are a couple of my new pullets, How old do you guys think they are, and do they look like they will lay an egg soon??? yay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the last

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

6 to 9 weeks.[​IMG]

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    6 to 9 weeks seems a little young as a guess here to me... I would venture to call it more like 10 to 12 weeks... and no eggs soon, unfortunately [​IMG]

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

6 to 9 weeks seems a little young as a guess here to me... I would venture to call it more like 10 to 12 weeks... and no eggs soon, unfortunately [​IMG]

I agree, 10-12 weeks and those pale combs and wattles indicate no eggs anytime soon. When it's egg time, those combs and wattles will get red. Gonna be a while yet but they look nice and healthy and will make yummy yummy eggs for you.​

5. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

Maybe mine are a little ahead. That is exactly what mine look like and they are 7 weeks. [​IMG] Rhode island reds too.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Thats the very same size as my Black star and blackie is 12 weeks old

7. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

I'd say those pullets in the first photo are a production red and a red sex link, and approx 12 weeks. My red sex link began around 20 weeks, 22 weeks for the production red. Although, every chick is different. Good luck.

8. DebbieDee

DebbieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Boise
    Mine are 14 weeks and their combs & wattles are about the same size.....Maybe 4-6 more weeks....[​IMG]
    That's what I'm hoping for too....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by