A couple of Barnyard Mix boys - 5 months old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooMummzy, May 18, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    These two standard size barnyard mix boys were hatched from my own flock on December 5. They are a Cochin/Easter Egger cross with vivid markings and feathered feet. They have been hand raised since day 1 so are very spoiled, sweet, docile and healthy birds. They would probably do best going to two separate homes as they both want to be the alpha rooster but in the right environment, together would work also. I am asking $5 each to make sure they get placed in a good home and not on a dinner table. I will not ship them but I am willing to work out delivery anywhere from Southern WA to Southern OR if needed.

[​IMG]

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Hi! do you have any other pics of them? Do they have names? I'm interested, I just have to ask my parents.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I sure do! They are my babies so I love take photos of them [​IMG] Their names are Donnie and Marley and I've had them since the day they hatched. As you can see from the photos, they love to be together and they love to climb all over you! My shoulders or my lap is where they always are when I'm outside.

The photo above is the newest one, taken just a few days ago. These are over the past few weeks/months and their baby pictures lol.

This is Marley. He has more copper in his cape.

[​IMG]

Donnie and Marley

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. MikasGirl

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    They are so beautiful! If I am able to get one, I don't know how I'll pick....

5. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Thank you [​IMG] I hope your parents let you have one!

6. MikasGirl

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Most likely, I am going to be able to get one. If I do, we might not be able to pick it up until next month. Is that too long? I'm sure we can bend around that if it doesn't work for you.

7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Oh that would be fine! Just let me know. I could even meet you half way if that works better for you.

8. MikasGirl

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Here is what's happening: My dad made me a list of stuff I have to do before I can get one. So that is why it would be next month. My mom was wondering if there was a size difference between the two?

9. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Ah well as a parent, I completely understand [​IMG] No, they are exactly the same size. Marley has more gold than Donnie. Donnie seems to take more after his Dad who was a Golden Laced Cochin with gold feathers here and there.

10. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I am going to relist them and have them on Craigslist too, but will hold one till I get the definite ok from you that you are taking it. If you can, please let me know which one you'd like so in case I do have another taker I know which one to give away [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by