A couple of questions????

ingv8700

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 18, 2008
Pequot Lakes, MN
Well I took out the turner today and placed them on the floor of the incubator and waiting for them to start hatching. today is day 18 for me

I have 33 eggs in there 4 from my polish and 29 from my Goldlink cross (polish and a cross between the other chickens we have)

I Hope they hatch. I was worried because after we put the eggs in the incubator the temp went to 103 degrees for an hour or two I think before i noticed it and I hope it did not affect them at all.

and now we have candled them and i see and air pocket and the rest of the egg is dark so i am wondering if that is a problem or is that the chick is taking up the whole thing.

also one more question do they hatch at night mostly or do they hatch when ever they feel like. when do most of everyone start to hatch because I took the turner out this morning, and was wondering if i needed to do that at night.

I will keep you guys updated when we get our first chick

Thanks for the help

KYLE

Last edited:
The temp of 103 for a short time should not be a problem. I had that happen a few times on my first hatch and had 28 out of 29 develope ( I messed up humidity the last few days and only had 14 hatch before I drowned the rest). Mine all hatched during the day, anytime from 7am to 8pm over two days, but none in the middle of the night. Don't know if that is normal since it was my first hatch.
Good luck!
fl.gif

This is our first hatch also

My friend had some of there eggs hatch on 18 day at night and it was sitting in the turner and she removed all the eggs and the chick and took the turner out.

is it normal for eggs to hatch on day 18?

We are just watching and waiting
caf.gif

Last edited:
What kind of egg? I have read that some breeds will hatch around day 18. Also my first chick hatched on day 19 but my temps were running 101 to 102 so I think they were a little high which read that high temps can cause early hatches.

Well we gave her some of the eggs that we are hatching out currently and she had some olive layers that she has and I am not sure which one it was

Back
Top Bottom