A couple of Silver Appleyard Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckPoop, Apr 15, 2017.

1. DuckPoop

DuckPoop Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    Thought I would share a current photo of our two ducklings. They are going into their 5th week. One has started to quack. I believe they are both female. One appears to be about 2 days behind the other in feather growth.

[​IMG]

They have grown so much since we got them.

[​IMG]

When I picked them up, they came home in a heat bulb box with room for one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  2. DuckPoop

Mar 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

Only got one photo of them in the box that the wife took. Never actually thought about taking a photo myself.

1 person likes this.
  3. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

They are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Congrats on your Appleyard Ducklings...:)....I have Appleyards too...:)

So cute!......I am hatching more in my incubator that are due on the 26th......:)

Cheers!

5. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    :love SOOOOO CUTEEE!!!!! I'm considering starting with some Silver Appleyards (either that or Buff Orpingintons or Hookbills), but your two cuties are making me want SA.....

6. Krazyquilts

I have two female Buffs and really love them. They are very bold and eat pretty much anything with focused dedication. They started laying right after our Welshie did, too. Plus I think one of them is going go broody! I am really considering getting more Buffs when we move to our farm. I'm definitely going to try to get Welsh Harlequins from Holderread's. Mini Golden Cascades from Holderread's too.

Right now, I also want to try: Silver Appleyards, Anconas, Khaki Campbells, Indian Runners, and maybe Saxonys, Australian Spotted and Dutch Hookbills.

7. DancingWthDucks

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    I've got a pretty long 'duck wish list' too, but at the moment (until we've finished buying a field), I'm trying to limit myself to 2 breeds. Thanks for telling me about your Buff Orpingintons.... I don't really know many people that keep them, so it's good hearing recommendations from members. :)

8. Krazyquilts

That's the dangerous part of being on BYC - you get really helpful advice and support because everyone is so passionate about their birds, but because everyone is so passionate, you end up wanting to get every. single. breed. because they all seem so awesome!

I need to ask over on the Buff thread if anyone has recommendations for good Buff breeding stock. I'd really rather not have to get more Buffs from a hatchery again.

9. DancingWthDucks

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Yes!! I find that BYC fuels my addiction more than anything else..... Going to the odd auction or show every so often was the only exposure I really had, but now that I'm exposed to poultry obsessed people everyday and pictures and info..... I now want to hatch hundreds of chicks and ducklings and own all the breeds.... :lol:

10. DuckPoop

Mar 29, 2017
    They are fun. Still not really sure if male or female.

[​IMG]

They are too large for the bath tub. Cause a huge wet mess when they go under water. Got them a small pool today. They seem to enjoy it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by