a couple of things!!!........

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by funkyboots, Nov 15, 2009.

1. funkyboots

funkyboots Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

this is my freebee lemon pyle brahma,roughly 5-6 months old...i know hes hard to appriciate his hieght till you stand next to him (and i've had to go out and buy eggs now so i can get girls! these are still rare here...do you get this colour on your side of the pond?

aslo a Transylavain naked neck question- i have a black bantam stag running with a bantam mottled frizzled hen, i know i'll get 50 % naked neck but does anyone know the percentage of black to mottled? or will it be pot luck?

thankyou!

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    hi now we don't have that colour in N.A very nice looking tho , and the frist chicks i belive would not show any mottling but if you breed the chicks back to gether some of those chicks would have mottling.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    No we don't have many, if any of those brahmas yet.......YET!!!!!!!!! I am going to try a few Brahma projects varieties.

As far as the mottles, the first generation would be solid black (split mottled) you would would have to cross the F1s together or back to the mottle parent to produce more mottled chicks.

4. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    You showed the picture, you said the breed name, and I'm STILL asking "What is that?" Never seen one before....
    Why is it called Lemon?

5. HeelerDawg

HeelerDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Southeastern,Kentucky
    I've never even heard of those! The buff's are so much fun, I'd love to have some of these... [​IMG]

6. funkyboots

Oct 1, 2009
    its a lemon pyle, at his first moult his chest should go pale/white and saddle/back stay darker. its just the name they're given,like lemon pekins. from gold based brahmas

7. funkyboots

Oct 1, 2009
  8. HeelerDawg

HeelerDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Southeastern,Kentucky
    WoW!!! That's some awesome feet feathering on those. Here in the states we just call them buff brahmas.

Here's a pic of our standard sized rooster

[​IMG]

9. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    no that one that the OP has is not a buff colbian , it looks to me like it is just buff

10. funkyboots

Oct 1, 2009
    i think coz we have buff over here(one solid colour) and you can get coronation,blue and light coloumbians (like our sussex) here too.

um..i did have a buff picture and a light...ooer...

scroll down to the listing and you'll see what i mean

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-Columbian-L...tZUK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry?hash=item33574684ce

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-QUALITY-BLU...tZUK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry?hash=item45ef1d93cc

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/RD001185.jpg?size=67&uid=528E28D5-E592-45BF-8CD1-BD6AB8A2181D

i had these..like buff orpingtons..could'nt find my pix so found another link..soz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by