a couple pics of the completed coop *pics*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by catballou24, Aug 6, 2007.

1. catballou24

catballou24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    its been a work in progress, but we finally got the yard framed and fenced in and the nesting boxes complete. [​IMG] we are hoping to get 4 more hens and find a home for one more roo... here are a couple pics:

the coop itself. we are going to hang heavy canvas on the exposed walls when the weather changes:
    [​IMG]

chickens enjoying their new, cool yard:

[​IMG]

the run, which is 4x20 so we can have a couple more in there. we are going to free range 2 at a time during the day too:

[​IMG]

and the nesting boxes that hubby and i built yesterday:

[​IMG]

one side of the yard has a screen door covered in chicken wire with latches and a lock. we buried the end posts and fencing 18 inches and poured concrete in the trench. we did the same with the threshhold of the door. the coop has the same concrete poured for the exposed sides. the other sides are on a concrete footing already. we used hardware cloth for the coop itself and regular chicken wire for the yard. we don't have much to worry about with predators, mainly dogs getting into the yard...which isn't happening anymore these days! [​IMG] the yard runs the length of the coop/barn behind it where it's safe from rain and cool during the day when the temps are over 90 right now...whew!

now if the girls would just start laying! the roosters are crowing and chasing tail, so the girls should be ready soon! hahah

2. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    That's not a coop - it's a Chicken Palace. Yall really did a nice job and I'm sure your chickens will love it. I wish you many eggs to come.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Way to go! Looks great!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Very nice coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by