A couple questions.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Epointer, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Epointer

Epointer New Egg

Apr 8, 2011
    Hi everyone. I am new to hatching anything. I have been reading what ever I can find to learn more about it before I order my eggs. I purchased a used Sportsman 1202 incubator, and a 1200 hatcher. My questions are, do I need a wet bulb humidity thermometer, or can I use the other type? Do I need to candle all eggs, or can I put 350 eggs in, and just let it go? Some of the stuff I have read on here makes me think I need to candle, but that's a lot of eggs. I also plan on running over a thousand quail eggs at a time, and it would not be possible to candle that many eggs at a time.

2. m-192

m-192 New Egg

Apr 8, 2011
    hope you have an egg turner. i have 53 ringneck and 50 quail eggs in my still-air incubator and its a pain to keep turning them after the quail hatch im getting a turner.

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Personally I Use A Seperate Hatcher As It Sounds Like You Are Planning To As Well... I Set 'em And Forget 'em Til Lockdown... When I Move Them To The Hatcher I Candle Them Then If I Wish... With Dark Eggs Like Ringneck Its Easier To See Then Anyways... Duds Will Glow, Developed Will Show The Air Sac And Sometimes You Can See Jr Moving Around That Way As Well...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by