A Couple Videos of My Geese

1MrsMagoo

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
St Tammany Parish LA
Since the weather has been so gorgeous the past two days, I have spent some time sitting out by the pond. My geese have been taking extended baths each day and I caught a few moments of them diving and being silly on my phone. Sadly, they censured their activity once I got out there: They were all diving and being giddy moments before I was ready with my phone. :(

Excuse the video quality: My Palm doesn't record in HD like an iPhone. Hope you guys enjoy!

Watch the Pomeranian in the center of the screen...

I caught them in mid "flight" on the surface of the water.

Here is a much longer video of the Toulouse and Pomeranian geese, along with a few of my ducks, during "bath time at the pond". I borrowed my husband's iPhone, so this one is a little better quality.

Last edited:
LOVE your videos MrsMagoo!! Wow that back flip is awesome! Your pond area looks so peaceful. Do you have to replenish the water in the pond?

Laurie

Laurie,

Thanks: We can see this pond from our living room windows: We call it the waterfowl station...lol.

We are blessed with very heavy clay soil in that particular location, so only have to add water during extended periods of no rain. We do have a line running from our well to both ponds (I have a smaller one with a second house on another part of my property), so we can flush the pond out if it does not rain enough.

Rhonda

Great videos! We only have kiddie pools, but i love to watch my geese frolic in them. Is that a man-made or natural pond?

Thanks! My husband dug the ponds with the bucket on our tractor last year. He wants to rent a backhoe or the 3pt backhoe attachment for our tractor and enlarge it. For now, it and the smaller one he dug are more than large enough for all the ducks and geese.

I am determined to catch the little buggers when they are really wound up. Or, better yet, when they are using the drive from the chicken coop area to the front pond as a runway. The Toulouse female gets a couple feet off the ground and a couple of the younger Pomeranians catch a little air: Otherwise it is a thundering gaggle of wing flapping, honking cuteness racing up the drive!

Beautiful, I have never seen a goose swim that far under water. You have a beautiful place.

Thanks Miss Lydia. All 16 geese and half the ducks were doing it just before I got the touch screen on my phone to acknowledge that I was pressing the heck out of it trying to get to the camera/video function. It was rather like bumper cars on water. The funniest part was when a diving duck or goose came up and emerged UNDER another duck or goose: Boy that made them jump and squawk!

Great videos, Mrs Magoo.
pop.gif

Thanks Miss Lydia. All 16 geese and half the ducks were doing it just before I got the touch screen on my phone to acknowledge that I was pressing the heck out of it trying to get to the camera/video function. It was rather like bumper cars on water. The funniest part was when a diving duck or goose came up and emerged UNDER another duck or goose: Boy that made them jump and squawk!
I bet that was a hoot.

I bet that was a hoot.

It sure was. The face the geese made when it happened was priceless: It reminded me of a stereotypical snobby lady who is reacting to something offensive (you know the ones in movies): Her eyes get wide, she throws her head to the side and her nose up in the air and says, "Well I never!" just before storming off.

Back
Top Bottom